Sunday, January 31, 2010
I look at the joy and energy that wM has and exudes every waking moment. I don't feel that way. Haven't for a long time.
It doesn't worry me. It just is.
I wonder how long it will last.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
This year feels a little different to me somehow. While I'm not going to create an itemized list of things to do for 2010, this year my focus is going to be "letting go."
Letting go of things like:
- negative internal dialogues
- feeling unworthy to the point of "over achieving" just to feel like I'm earning my keep
- the fear of not being good enough (mother, wife, daughter, neighbour ....)
- endless worry of things big and small
- clutter (physical, emotional, social, mental)
- allowing other people's opinions / attitudes /behaviours to have a big impact on me
- doing (in lieu of being)
For me, these things are monumental in size. If I can manage some of these things for a 5 minute stretch, it will be a fantastic baby step.
I can feel it in my bones. Big changes are coming in 2010. Here's hoping they're good ones!
Friday, January 1, 2010
- Let's start the New Year by looking back at the old one, with some perspective!
- That I remembered to bring the online receipt showing the photo order was prepaid, to the store when I picked up my photos.
- That wM's childhood has been more enriched, more nurturing and more fun than mine was over the same timeframe.
- That all this rain isn't snow!
- Robin in the rain, such a saucy fellow.
- AA refuses to return my calls.
- Should you ever find yourself in a heated argument with a right fighter, do not utter the words "get out of here," unless you actually mean, "please leave this physical location."
- For the people in my life who want me to be the best "me" I can be.
- That I discovered I left my purse at home on my way in to the grocery store and not at the check out!
- That a dry clean only wool sweater came out on the right side of a near miss with spilled chocolate milk.
- I had the opportunity to try, fresh picked from the farm, organic vegetables at no cost to me.
- Today I am holding a grudge against anyone in my life that can't seem to let go of theirs.
May your 2010 be happy, healthy and grudge free!