Tuesday 8 August 2006

One whole day.

Mr. Miche noticed that I've been looking exhausted of late. He kindly offered up child-care for One Whole Day so that I could recharge.

What to do? What to do? One. Whole. Day. I could do anything I wanted! Spa time? (Try getting that last minute on a long weekend.) Personal pursuit time? (Like I can find any of my personal pursuits under all this clutter.) I could tend to my garden! (Did I mention recently about my stupid ankle?) It was looking like I might spend the day actually catching up on some much needed rest!! Woo hoo!

So. What did I do, you ask with envy?

I spent the day painting my parents' porch railing. Yep. That's right. I could get the whole thing done in one day or take 5 evenings to do it. I really need to protect my evening wind-down time. And it's done. And for One Whole Day I didn't have to plan, make or clean-up meals!

After dinner, the familyMiche went out for ice cream and playground time.

I didn't get the physical rest my body could probably have used, but the mental break sure felt good.

No comments: