Wednesday 15 March 2006

PSA: I've been targeted... have you?

Hey! How many of you got spammed with this message today? (I've changed the company name to BlahBlahBlah to avoid giving extra publicity to the folks in question.) If you are in any way linked or available from T.O.Mama's post from last year, be warned... this message is headed your way! (This is based on visitor tracking information available to me.)

(I have to say, I'm impressed that one of my posts was actually read... briefly and incompletely but read nonetheless.)
Hello and good afternoon from BlahBlahBlahMom.com..I hope this message finds you well. My name is Chris Cooper and I work with a company called BlahBlahBlahMom, one of the internet's leading resource and shopping sites for Moms.. If you are not familiar with BlahBlahBlahMom, please stop by their site at www.BlahBlahBlahMom.com. This morning I was on the 'net looking for some "parent/kid focused" blogs this morning and came across your blog, and I really enjoyed reading your posts. (how did it go with the greeting card submission?)

Anyway, I wanted to contact you today to see about your interest in possibly joining the BlahBlahBlahMom Affiliate Program. Are you familiar with Affiliate Programs? If not, basically they work like this: you would join the BlahBlahBlahMom program (for free, of course), and post an ad or two on your blog promoting BlahBlahBlahMom. Then, whenever your readers click those ads, come over to the BlahBlahBlahMom site and join BlahBlahBlahMom, you are paid a commission on that registration. The affiliate program is a quick and easy way to make some extra money from you blog.

We do have a number of incentives that we use to attract new members to join, in fact right now we are featuring a Free one year subscription to Parents Magazine as well as a $2500 Home Organization Sweepstakes. You could post a banner or text link about these offers on your blog, and since your blog is read by the perfect BlahBlahBlahMom member (moms!), it would seem to be a natural fit to post info about BlahBlahBlahMom and make some money on the side.
Please let me know what you think. If you have any questions or comments - please feel free to get in touch via phone or email. If you would like to get started, you can apply here:www.BlahBlahBlah.com/BlahBlahBlahMom.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!


No comments: