Sunday, April 30, 2006
Friday, April 28, 2006
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Friday, April 21, 2006
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Friday, April 14, 2006
"At The Cloud Appreciation Society we love clouds, we're not ashamed to say it and we've had enough of people moaning about them. Read our manifesto and see how we are fighting the banality of ‘blue-sky thinking’. If you agree with what we stand for, then join the society for a minimal postage and administration fee and receive your very own official membership certificate and badge."
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Monday, April 10, 2006
Guidelines for streetproofing your kids (shamelessly ripped-off from Andrea Gordon's blog):
- Rules for kids have to be few and simple. The best ones I ever heard, adapted over the years for teenagers:
- 1) Never go anywhere with anyone without telling me or the adult in charge. For balky adolescents, you can approach it as a matter of courtesy - that family members need to know how to get in touch with each other.
- 2) If you get a funny feeling in your stomach, or something doesn't seem right, get away from a person or situation ASAP (or in the case of little kids, tell an adult they want to leave).
- Those rules cover everybody - the "friendly neighbour" down the street, the uncle, the babysitter's boyfriend and, of course, strangers.
Sunday, April 9, 2006
Kinda makes me wonder where technology is going to be when weeMiche is in highschool. *shudder* I'm not sure I'm up for that kind of learning curve.
Friday, April 7, 2006
Thursday, April 6, 2006
- Criss Cross [draw an 'X' on their back with your index finger]
- Applesauce [touch left, then right shoulders on the syllable
- Spiders crawling up your back [walking your fingers up their back]
- Cool breeze [blow across the top of their head]
- Tight squeeze [hug tightly]
- Now you've got the shiveries [tickle over whole body]
Wednesday, April 5, 2006
My all time favourite Google tool is still their map / satellite function. First, go here http://www.google.ca/maps and enter as criteria "1 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A1, Canada" and voila! A beautiful hybrid map / satellite image of Rideau Hall!
Sunday, April 2, 2006
It's certainly not the Spanish Inquisition, but I didn't expect that!
Saturday, April 1, 2006
A very interesting look at life.